Thursday 19 April 2012

Good News!!!

Yes it is good news, readers: I ROCK!!! 



So I had an appointment with my diabetes doctor earlier in the week. It was just to check up on how things were going with "The Change", and to be completely honest, I was crapping my pants just a little bit. Like, not enough to warrant an old lady nappy or anything, but just enough to cause a curious odour. Too much information? Well, I don't care, because nothing and NO ONE could upset me with the mood I'm in! 

I had been a bit worried not because of previous slip ups (click here if you need a reminder of my suffering), but because my blood sugars had been high since Easter. I was getting ready for a telling-off from my doctor, although I promise that's not usually the type of relationship we have. He doesn't like, look scornfully at me while waving his finger, demanding to know why it is exactly I don't wear diabetic socks (they look like old man socks my Pa wears), why I don't do overnight BGLs (blood glucose level, for those non-diabetic and non-medical readers playing at home) and why I continuously seem to get lost on the way out of the diabetes clinic (totally blaming the diabetes for that one and not my lack of navigation skills. Or that I'm blonde). No, he doesn't do stuff like that thank god, although he HAS in recent months grown a bit of a Hitler moustache, which to be honest, is JUST as ridiculous. 

Moving on from facial hair frivolity...I was partially expecting a 'talking to' from my doc, but instead I got good news. Actually, I got several bits of good news:

1. In the 2 months of my new diet, I have lost 6 kgs.
B. In the 2 months of my diet, I have got my blood sugar average down from 6.8 to 6.5 (which, to non-diabetics, means a big fat NOTHING, but to us, it's as good as snorting crack. Or at least half as good as being allowed to eat Wizz Fizz without judgement. I can only dream...)
iii) In the 2 months of my diet, I am yet to hurt, murder or go COMPLETELY CAPS LOCK on anyone. Seriously, it's a Christmas miracle.

Well, can I just say that since my appointment, I have been walking around skipping merrily, singing "Walking on Sunshine" some Flo Rida jam (coz I'm cool like that), thinking that life couldn't get any better. I may have even celebrated my good news with a lil' something something...

...call me dangerous, but that Vegemite and cheese sandwich was the best lunch I have had in months :-)

Bread is SOOO frickin' AWESOME...

 Keeping it real xxx

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! That's awesome news!
    Now I'm wishing I had bread, I could go a vegemite and cheese sanga myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT!!!! Then write a blog about it. Seriously, all the cool kids are doingit :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diabetic socks are truly essential for people suffering from diabetics, these are designed to control the moisture level and keep the feet clean, dry and protected.

    Diabetic Socks

    ReplyDelete