Thursday 12 April 2012

Belated Easter Greetings

Happy belated Easter y'all.



Hope you all celebrated and had a lovely weekend. Me? Well gosh, thank you SO much for asking. You really are a polite lot. I had a JAM-PACKED Easter experience that has left me exhausted and possibly a couple of kilos heavier than when I started.

Yep, the diet didn't get completely forgotten, but it did get shoved to the side like the ugly, younger sibling that no one ever really wanted. Including it's parents. Harsh, but true.

So "Ray" and I went camping with friends. Had a great time, got back to nature, watched a heap of kids scream and yell and innocently ride bikes around our camp site, thought of different ways to catch a kid by fashioning a trap of some sort...I am a teacher by trade, so it wouldn't have been dodgy. The catching of the kid I mean, not the fashioning of the trap. That would have been COMPLETELY dodgy considering I have NO concept of rope knots, cage-assembling and I tend to fluster under pressure. I mean, I nearly CRIED watching "Ray" put together an IKEA cupboard.


As usual, I digress...



Camping in itself makes for an interesting experience, but camping whilst dieting makes you wonder if you will ever enjoy yourself again can be a challenge. I know I haven't blogged about the diet for a while now, but that is because "The Change" has been going extremely well. Like, better than well actually. It's been going as well as the boy band 'One Direction' - that is, there is nothing redeeming or talented about it, but regardless it still manages to be popular and slightly delicious looking (if your into frolicking, floppy-fringed 12 year olds). (Which I'm not, despite my previous statement of catching children at camp sites). (I wonder if 'One Direction' like camping?)


I've always wondered what boy scouts look like singing 'Kumbaya'...
I can question no more


ANYWAY, I have been following a strict regime of fruits, vegetables, salads and lean meats. I've even been exercising everyday and I've been feeling pretty bloody good. I wasn't craving chocolate like I used to (says the diabetic with the two types of diabetes - and I wondered why) AND I've actually been ENJOYING my salads. The sun was shining in my life.


...and then Jesus went and died and I had to go camping to celebrate.


Even I have to admit that it wasn't a HUGE fall from grace, but what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't EXAGGERATE a little??


Funnily enough, it wasn't the Easter Bunny's visit that screwed me over this year, considering the Easter Bunny was a massive CHEAP-O this year and I bought my own bag of Creme Eggs to share with everyone (I knew I had a reason as to why Santa was my favourite Christian holiday figure). No, it wasn't the chocolate that made me resort back to old habits. Wasn't even hot cross buns.


Three guesses...


...
...
...


You're right, it was bread rolls. Delicious, multi-grained slices of heaven...I had one chicken and salad roll for lunch and it was all over. I was ready to up and leave "Ray" and move to Mexico with my new lover. But alas, people would probably judge...so I just stuck with STUFFING MY FACE with a bread roll for every meal and was left feeling somewhat satisfied, but mainly bloated and gassy, which is awkward when camping with friends. Especially seeing as I am a lady and shit.


This is EXACTLY what I wore whilst camping! SNAP!!


SO after 3 days of orgasmic bread experiences (and treating myself to one small egg and about half a packet of CC's - don't judge), I ROLLED myself home and got up the following day for a family lunch, which, low and behold, had NO bread but a MEDIUM-SIZED CASSEROLE DISH-LOAD of RICE...my OTHER lover! So I had a few spoonfuls of rice *GASP! HORROR! WHEEEEEEEEZE!!!* And possibly a few more choccie eggs *ASTHMA ATTACK!!!!*


So overall, it wasn't a COMPLETE shambles, this Easter business. I did deviate from the diet a little, but I'm slowly getting back to normal now. It's taking a little longer to get used to the ol' fruits/veggies/nothing really delicious again, but I'll get there.


For now however, I think it's fitting to finish off with some pearls of wisdom from One Direction...


You don't know oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful!


That's right One Direction, I DON'T know how beautiful I am. Thanks for reminding me :-p





2 comments:

  1. Hahaha how good is camping! You did good! And trying to encourage you made Jef and I eat better than we have in ages - for one weekend at least :P Now promise me you'll never blog about one direction again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can try and promise Ash, but there are no guarantees in life, just like there are no guarantees in the blogesphere...I also can't guarantee that I won't say 'blogesphere' again. I just live too close to the edge... :-p

    ReplyDelete