Wednesday 20 June 2012

More Good News!!

After the last couple of depressive weeks and the latest slip up, I finally got sick of feeling sorry for myself. So, in a bid to lift my own spirits, I left the house. The sun wasn't out (because the weather is crap) and I'm still sick with a cold (because God hates me) but I figured that getting some fresh air would be better than continuing to suck in the recycled, high carbon-dioxidey air of my heated lounge room. I also thought that perhaps it would be a good idea to put on some proper pants as opposed to continuing to wear my Snuggie as a full body suit. Don't judge it if you haven't tried it.

So I headed out to the local shopping centre and after walking around aimlessly for a little while, I came up with possibly THE best idea since I worked out how to make low-carb pancakes (get "Ray" to make them with the kitchen door shut, then I can't SEE the carbs therefore they were NEVER there...). I walked into a clothing store and decided that I was going to try on some jeans.

Now, I don't mean to brag...actually, I do mean to brag. I'm TOTALLY going to brag. I've lost quite a bit of weight and am continuing to do so even though the last week or so hasn't been my best food and exercise-wise. I am, however, putting it down to the 30 stomach crunches I did over 3 days. 2 weeks ago. Yeah, THAT'S what it was.

Anyway, my recent love-handle loss has meant that my usual jean size is now too big (as I recently discovered when I exposed a plumbers crack to a room of 4 year olds - WHOLE other story, but all you need to know is that it was un-intentional & I did get laughed at by the kid that is notorious for picking his nose. PICKS. HIS. NOSE. Yeah...)

So I picked up a pair of jeans that were smaller than my usual size. And then I thought I would also try a particular style of jean that has been my nemesis for as long as I can remember - nearly as long as sweatshop workers have been working their little sweatshopy fingers to the sweatshop bone...

Skinny jeans.

Previously, I have gotten a skinny jean as far as my thigh before the blood has been cut off and the top half of me has turned a lovely shade of Avatar blue. It had been awhile since my last attempt, so I thought I would tempt fate and try one more time.

And this is where the good news starts.

The first pair of jeans - smaller than my usual size - fit me nicely and didn't have the baggy-look that both my current jeans and a homeless person's jeans have.  GOOD NEWS!! The second pair - the skinny jeans - completely BLEW. MY. MIND. Not only did I get them past my THIGH, but I managed to successfully button them up, too! That's right, friends: THIS skinny bitch is going places...in SKINNY JEANS!!

Heidi: 1. Nemesis leg wear: 0.

Actually, to be honest, the skinny jeans were a bit big and I was going to try the next size down, but I didn't wanna run the risk of killing my buzz. Ya know, in case they didn't fit. Let me win just this one, OK?

So ends my short-lived depression. And that IS good news.

Still keeping it real xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment