Sunday 11 March 2012

The Slip-Up

Oh Colonel, you are SO FREAKING HARD to resist.

You ol' minx, you...

So I'm nearly 2 whole weeks into my "new diet" and tonight I caved. I've been so very very very good. AND it's been a busy couple of weeks. Last week, I had my cousin's engagement party and I managed to resist the spring rolls, calamari rings and mini burgers (which my Dad un-apologeticaly ate RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE while giving me the "Sorry darl, feel for ya but just don't love you enough to pretend I'm not enjoying this snack-sized delight" look.



Yeah, thanks a HEAP, Pops.

I have also had an afternoon at IKEA and managed to resist the $4.95 coffee and swedish cake offer. I don't usually lose my shit over swedish cake, but I was seriously having to use "the force" and pull myself away from that cafeteria like a dog who is desperately trying to hump another dog but is pulling on its lead hardcore as it's being dragged away by its horrified owner.

I say this particular example because my dog does that. To other boy dogs. I figure it's not wrong if, for Marley, it just feels so right.

Anywho, I digress. So no mini burgers and no swedish cake for ol' Heidi. It's all cool, I'm doing it for my health. Then last night, I go to the 50th of a family friend, and FRICK. There's MUDCAKE.

My kryptonite (says the diabetic).

So I have a small piece, and I tell myself "Heidi, it won't kill you. It WILL increase your blood sugars, which runs the risk of causing long term issues like glaucoma, kidney problems, circulation problems...but, erm, it's OK. You can, like, go for a run or...something". And, of course, after having said small piece, I feel sick and guilty and therefore spend the remainder of the night in a shame spiral. By the time I got home, I had told myself and my husband that I had learnt something about myself that night; that I control my stomach, it does NOT control me.

Cue less than 24 hours later and me diggin' into a sweet chilli twister and fries and cracking open an ice-cold pepsi max.

Of couse I ate it by myself in the privacy of my own home...you know, like a pathetic person. Makes it more tragic that way, you see.

*Sigh* I don't know what's worse than a shame spiral. Oh wait, I know...

...an indignity vortex.




And that's how I ended my week, folks. Lost somewhere and floating aimlessly through space, heading toward the vortex with my head in my hands and my pockets full of popcorn chicken. You know, for when I inevitably need a snack.

*Sigh again* At his point, I am going to tell myself that tomorrow is a new day and one slip up won't set the tone for the upcoming week. I can do better and I will. Until then...

...yay fruits and vegetables!

If only I found salad this orgasmic...

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving reading this blog Heidi. Keep up the fantastic work. Love Dom (The Crazy girl at Jef's 33rd Party)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Dom! Of course I'll keep on blogging...purely because I'm self-indulgent & I like a good-ol' whinge. This blog blends my love of the two :-p PS-Thanks for following me!

      Delete