Tuesday 27 March 2012

International Super Star

Well, looks like I've made the big time, folks.


Firstly, I'd like to thank God, for putting me on this earth and for, in his infinite wisdom, creating the all-amazing, all-wondrous creation: the BLOG.


Secondly, I must thank my parents for obviously giving me life and also for continuing to eat all my favourite sugary delights in front of me, inspiring me to create this blog instead of turning to a life of crime and spending thousands on therapy and defence lawyers.


Lastly, I must give thanks to the country that made this all happen. I may be Australian born-and-bred, but it has been across the ocean where the love has been truly felt. 


Yes friends, it has happened. I am becoming a bit of a celebrity. I'm thinking I'm currently a G or H Grade, but I hope to move up the ranks to at least a E or F grade by end of next week. And where, I can hear you asking, will the paparazzi be camped out, waiting for yours truly to be stepping out???



Where else?!?!


RUSSIA!!!


Cue relevant Bond-themed joke.






I know, right? I am JUST as confused as everybody else. In the last few days alone, I have had more hits from Russia than anywhere else IN THE WORLD. I mean, it could be just the one person reading and re-reading my posts because, you know, they're THAT GOOD. But lets be honest - my posts are borderline, at best.


So why the sudden interest, Russia?


Could it have something to do with the WAY you're finding my blog, because I'll be honest, I'm prrrreeeeetttteeeey concerned when I go and track the 'traffic' coming into my blog.


Apparently, people in Russia are finding my blog through a particular website:


http://www.stop-a-cheater.com/?AFF=513?AFF=513 

Yes readers, you read the web address right. STOP-A-CHEATER.COM!!!!


WTF?!?!?!?!


For those of you that can't be bothered to check out the site (and I wouldn't blame you if you had better things to do, like continue to read on here. Please), basically all it is is a website where you can download a program to the phone of your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/life partner/dog/cat/butcher/baker/candlestick maker etc and they are then tracked like the cheating nastie-pastie that they are. You get access to their photos, GPS location, email and sms amongst other things. Well Russia, all I can say is this:


You really are an untrusting lot. But by all means, keep reading.


I am also left with another concerning possibility. Perhaps someone in Russia is tracking ME, and obviously it's not because I'm so interesting and my written word is enthralling. 


Someone thinks I'm cheating *GASP!* Or worse yet, that I'm a mistress *BIGGER GASP!*


Just to clarify, I am not cheating on my husband, "Ray". I am ever the faithful wife and since my new diet, my dinners have been frickin' awesome so "Ray" has nothing to complain about, therefore I have no reason to cheat. I also love him, which I realise is an important factor in staying loyal to a partner.


I am also NOT anyone's MISTRESS, although I could not blame ANYONE for wishing that I WAS. After all, I AM all the rage in Russia.


"Ray" did point out to me when I told him about my dilemma that I was acting slightly shifty when I referred to him as "Ray" and not just Ray (I did tell him to read my first post as this is all explained), and that Heidi is probably a common name in that part of the world. He then tried to demonstrate his point by googling my FULL name, highlighting how COMMON it is throughout the world and how UN-SPECIAL that makes ME (my words, not his).I felt I'd got his point, and resolved to accept the fact that, just perhaps, this would forever remain an unsolved mystery.


I will, however, be contemplating my Russian tour. Keep posted for possible summer tour dates.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on blogging....I'm getting bored waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you are really bored Dom, you could get some tips on modelling from my blog:-
    http://macharianthunderguard.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/how-i-did-my-rough-rider-helmet-plumes.html

    I suspect its not the 'modelling' that you are into though.

    ReplyDelete