Thursday 1 March 2012

First. Post. Ever.

OhmygodIhaveablog.

Soooo....erm, hello world. It's nice to finally meet you all. I'm Heidi, I'm 27 years old and I'm your host. I am the said diabetic drama queen. The diabetic part is because, well...it's quite self explanatory, really. I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for nearly 20 years. The drama queen part is because I like to carry on somewhat and when I'm getting serious I tend to rely on THE CAPS LOCK TO EMPHASIS MY POINT. Yep, you're gonna be reading a lot of that.




NOW THEN...what does one write as their first blog post? See, the problem I have is that I usually save my crazy and completely caps-locked rants for Facebook, and with Facebook there's a limit. It's only, like, 500 characters. THAT'S.IT. How am I meant to share my clever thoughts, witty opinions and creative GENIUS to my 156 friends in only 500 characters? Well, I'm guessing that's purely the reason why God created blogs.

Don't worry, this isn't going to be one of THOSE types of blogs. Nothing spiritual, philosophical or overally thought-provoking here. Just pointless, useless rantings my friends, so no need to be leaving just yet...

...although at times I may just rest the caps lock key and, oh I don't know, put in a quote or saying that I found in a hallmark card that I liked and found amusing/inspiring/romantic/highly irritating.



MOVING ON, I really should tell you a little about me because, contrary to popular belief, I actually DO have a life. I have a husband, that's a start, right? For the sake of this blog, let's call him..."Ray". I did tell him I didn't have to use his real name if he didn't want, and technically he is not generally known as "Ray". He usually goes with Raymond, but hey, I am keeping my word and therefore I will stick with Ray. "Ray" married me nearly 2 years ago and unlike a celebrity couple, we a)still like each other and b)are still together. YAY!

Earlier this year we added to our family...what I really wanted was a baby but hey, we got a dog instead. Not as bad as I thought it would be - I can do the nuturing thing, fuss over him, talk to him in the baby voice that sane people run away from...AND better yet, I don't have to deal with crying, breastfeeding in public (or in private, for that matter. Just so we're clear, I'm not INSINUATING that I BREASTFEED my DOG. That would just be weird and gross and REALLY hard to actually DO...), or runny poo in nappies. The poo I deal with is chucked into the abyss that is the back corner of my yard. No doubt I will blog about that on I day I feel truly inspired.


I do also have a job. I'm a primary school teacher. Well, I call it my job. I sometimes think that "Ray" feels like my actual job is school-holidaying, because at the moment I am a relief teacher and there ain't much work at the beginning of a school year. But that's OK, because I've been using my time wisely. I read a teenage vampire trilogy (which, in my defence, I didn't realise was aimed at teenage readers until I was well and truly sucked in, no punn intended), I've learnt to make a mean mushroom sauce ("Ray" says I'm still too heavy-handed with the white wine in it, I say that you haven't LIVED until you can say you got drunk off mushrooms) AND I am now all up-to-date with 7th Heaven, although I have missed a season somewhere early in the piece. Not that it really matters, I know the general gist of how the show works; the parents run around after their 7 kids, trying to control their lives while at the same time giving educational and thought-provoking messages to viewers about drugs, sex and family values. I mean, I've learnt a lot. I've learnt to never have that many children.



Also just quickly, I've got my parents who are still together after 30-something years and a younger sister who looks up to me and worships the ground I walk on comes around for dinner a lot.

OK, so...I guess this is the end of my first. post. ever. It's been fun, it's been insightful, it's been very one-sided...I feel like I have learnt a lot about myself as a person, that I have come so very far on this journey, that I need to keep watching "The Biggest Loser" otherwise I'm going to run out of insightful stuff to say...

Keep watching this space. Erm, over and out, yo?

Oh God, how the hell are you meant to end a post????


No comments:

Post a Comment